Employment Service (ES) Complaint System Training
Customers bring a variety of issues to Michigan Works! Services Centers for help with resolution, be it related to discrimination, access to services or employer interactions.To best serve our customers and to comply with program regulations, it’s our duty to understand the nature of these complaints and the proper procedures for filing them.
Was the complaint coming from a Wagner-Peyser participant? Is the complaint about employer discriminatory practices? Where does each complaint get filed and what is the process? This half-day training session will answer these questions and define clear paths for distinct complaint types.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of an ES Complaint Coordinator.
- Distinguish the appropriate process for reporting different types of complaints reported at services centers, including ES complaints and non-ES complaints.
- Make the distinction between ES complaints from EO/unlawful discrimination complaints.
- Know when you have a legitimate, fillable complaint and what your obligations are.
- Where and how to file different complaint types via the ES Complaint System.
- Complaints related to H-2A Employers and Migrant and Seasonal Farm Workers
Who Should Attend
- Michigan Works! ES Complaint Coordinators
- Front-line/resource room staff
- Service center managers
- Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker Staff
Date and Time
March 9, 2017
9:00 am to 12:00 noon
Capital Area Michigan Works!
2110 South Cedar St.
Lansing, MI 48910
$40 member; $50 non-member
- Gerardo Aranda, Migrant Seasonal Farmworker Program Manager/State Monitor Advocate
- Jesus Centeno, Departmental Analyst
- Feliciano Paredes, Department Analyst